The Sarjeant Gallery Te Whare o Rehua exists because of the generous gift and vision of our founding benefactor Henry Sarjeant. Indeed, the very heart of our collections have come to us by way of donations, bequests and legacies. The Gallery is very grateful for such munificence and these gestures are recognised as being most important in the ongoing development of the Sarjeant and its Collections.
Currently the focus of the Trust’s fundraising activity is building the Sarjeant Endowment Fund.
The Sarjeant Gallery Endowment Fund will populate the Sarjeant Gallery with the content that will inspire, engage, educate and entertain the people of Whanganui, the region, New Zealand and ultimately our visitors from all over the world.
The Sarjeant Gallery Endowment Fund will attend to:
- supporting the acquisition of works
- creating major exhibitions
- collection conservation work
- securing national and international touring shows
- producing education courses and opportunities
- supporting partnerships, and knowledge and expertise sharing